- I want to take the Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts. Are there any age or education requirements?
Please refer to the course information of the Certificate Course.
- What is the attendance requirement for the Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts?
The attendance requirement is 100%. Students whose attendance for any part of the Course is below 100% have to retake that part in order to be qualified to sit the Certificate Examination. For details, please download the Enrolment Form for Certificate Course and Examination for Outbound Tour Escorts .
- Can I be exempted from the First Aid Talk of Part III of the Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts if I already have a recognised first aid certificate? If yes, can I be refunded the course fee for the First Aid Talk?
Holders of a valid, recognised first aid certificate or an attendance certificate may be exempted from the First Aid Talk but a copy of the certificate should be submitted when applying for the Course. However, no fee will be refunded as the Talk is organised by the TIC free of charge.
- Will I be qualified as a first aider after attending the First Aid Talk?
The First Aid Talk, which lasts two or three hours, aims at teaching students some basic first aid knowledge and skills in order for them to cope with emergencies. Attending the Talk will not make the students qualified first aiders and they will not be issued with any first aid certificate.
- Having been brought up in a foreign country, I can read Chinese, but cannot write it very well. Can I take the Certificate Examination for Outbound Tour Escorts in English? Are there any extra fees?
Since the questions of the Certificate Examination are in Chinese, candidates should, in principle, give their answers in Chinese as well. If you want to take the Certificate Examination in English, you have to apply for it in writing before the examination. There will not be any extra fees.
- Will the Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts be conducted in English?
At present, the Certificate Course is conducted in Cantonese and its training manual is written in Chinese. But you may also be provided with a training manual written in English and be allowed to take the Certificate Examination in English if you make an application in writing at the time of enrolment.
If you want to take the Certificate Course conducted in English, please contact the Industry Training Department of the TIC. If the number of people is big enough, such a course may be organised.