Latest situation on Covid-19 infection cases

The Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health has set up a dedicated webpage to provide relevant information and health advice on Covid-19 as well as the details of the latest reported cases.

Protection for inbound visitors

Inbound visitors may browse the “ Advice for Travellers ” and the “ FAQs ” sections to learn about the protection for them. They may also browse the "List of Registered Shops" and “Shops whose Registration has been Cancelled”.

List of Passenger Fuel Surcharges

The public and travel agents may click the following to view the Passenger Fuel Surcharges collected by airlines:

List of operators and intending operators of study tours

Schools or organisations intending to appoint travel agents to organise study tours on their behalf can refer to the “List of operators and intending operators of study tours” and contact the travel agents directly.

Prohibited articles

For information about the import, export or transit of goods which are prohibited or controlled, please visit the Customs and Excise Department's website.

Communicable diseases and travel health advice

For updates on communicable diseases such as rubella in Japan, avian influenza and Ebola virus disease, please visit the Centre for Health Protection website.

Travellers wishing to learn about latest news on health advice, please visit the Hong Kong Travellers' Health Service website and the Travel Health Bulletin.

Guidance for booking cruise products through travel agents

Please browse the Guidance for booking cruise products through travel agents .

Recent decisions by TIC's disciplinary committees

Outbound Travel Alert (OTA) System and Registration of Outbound Travel Information (ROTI)

Hong Kong residents planning to travel overseas are advised to browse the Security Bureau's OTA webpage and use the Hong Kong Immigration Department’s ROTI service to receive OTA updates and related information from the Government. 

Immigration Department's 24-hour helpline

Hong Kong residents who need help when they are outside the city may call the 24-hour hotline of the Immigration Department's Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit on (852)1868.

Visa-free Access for HKSAR Passports

Travellers may visit the GovHK website for an updated list of countries/territories which have granted visa-free access to HKSAR passport holders.

Special arrangements for making enquiries and complaints

In view of the Covid-19 outbreak in Hong Kong, those who wish to make enquiries or complaints with our Inbound or Consumer Relations Departments are advised to do so by sending an email or leaving a message in the voicemail, rather than paying a visit to the TIC in person. 

Green Lifestyle Local Tour Incentive Scheme

The Government announced on 18 June 2020 further enhancements to the Green Lifestyle Local Tour Incentive Scheme. Each eligible travel agent is entitled to a cash incentive of HK$200,000 at most. The enhancement measures will take effect from 19 June 2020 onwards. Please click here for the details and here for the “List of travel agents organising green lifestyle local tours” to know more about those travel agents intending to organise green lifestyle local tours .

Travel Agents Incentive Scheme

The Government has enhanced the Travel Agents Incentive Scheme to pay each eligible travel agent HK$120,000 cash incentive at most. The application period now lasts until 15 January 2021. Please click here for the details.

Notes on organisation of local tours

Members may refer to Circular C1892 for points to note when organising local tour.

The 34th International Travel Expo Hong Kong (ITE) and The 15th MICE Travel Expo (ITE MICE)

The captioned travel expos are scheduled for 7-9 August 2020 at the HKCEC. Please see Circular C1891 for details.

All directors of the TIC support implementation of National Security Law

The TIC and the eight Association Members issued a press release to support the implementation of the National Security Law (Circular C1889).

Further enhancements to Green Lifestyle Local Tour Incentive Scheme

The Green Lifestyle Local Tour Incentive Scheme will be further enhanced on 19 June (Circular C1887).

“Quality and Honest Hong Kong Tours” Red List Update

Members that wish to join the Red List should return the completed undertaking to the TIC by 31 July (Circular C1886).

Waiver of the registration fee for mainland inbound tours extended for six months

The waiver of the registration fee for tour confirmation agreements for mainland inbound tours is extended for six months until 31 October 2020 (Circular C1883).

The Voice of TIC to cease publication

The Voice will cease publication after its latest March issue. The content of its different columns can mostly be found at the websites of the TIC and HKTB (Circular C1882).

Dedicated Email System for Tours from Shenzhen to Hong Kong

Please click here for the dedicated email addresses of Hong Kong’s receiving agents. The dedicated email addresses of Shenzhen’s outbound agencies can be downloaded here (password not required).

Members who are unable to obtain the latest information of the dedicated email address, please contact our Inbound Department on 2807-1199.

Relief measures for the trade from different parties

For the temporary relief measures from banks, please click here; for the funding schemes and support offered by the Government and related organisations for members, please click here.

Survey and Research

The details of the project “Enhancing the Capability of Outbound SME Travel Agents for Service Innovation and Value Creation, Responding to the New Business Challenge” have been uploaded to the TIC website (Latest News).

Student helpers available to receive cruise visitors and offer assistance in MICE events

Inbound agents that need student helpers to receive large parties from cruise ships visiting Hong Kong or offer assistance in MICE events on an ad hoc or temporary basis may contact various universities and tertiary institutions (“ Latest News ”).

E-learning platform for tourism service industry

Industry members are welcome to use the e-learning platform (in Chinese only) launched by the Quality Tourism Services Association to enhance their service standards.

The HKTB announces new appointments in different strategic markets. Please click here for details.

Benefits for tourist guides

Training Programme Subsidy Scheme (for Tourist Guides) / CPD Subsidy Scheme

The Government announced on 8 June 2020 that the scheme extended for six months until 27 April 2021.  Please click here for details.

Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for tourist guides

Tourist guides may click the following links to browse the information of the CPD activities:

  1. Knowledge on Hong Kong” Workshop / Quiz 
  2. Seminars on professional ethics
  3. Self-selected courses

Geopark Guide Accreditation System

Demerit system for tour guides

The TIC has set up a demerit system to improve the service standard of tourist guides who receive mainland visitors (“Other Rules for Tourist Guides”).

Latest information on courses for tour escorts

The Certificate Courses for Outbound Tour Escorts to be held during the following period is now open for enrolment:

Handy Tips for Tour Escorts

The “Handy Tips for Tour Escorts” covers general rules for healthy travel, basic first aid, insurance claims procedures and useful telephone numbers.

Safeguard HK

Security Bureau's mobile app Safeguard HK is launched.

What kinds of information should I provide when lodging a complaint?
I moved last month and changed my telephone number as well. Can I just call the TIC to have my information updated?
When were all franking machines phased out?
© 2005 Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: 2020-7-10