|Pilot Information Technology Development Matching Fund Scheme for Travel Agents|
The Government has allocated HK$10 million in the 2016-2017 Budget for the Pilot Information Technology Development Matching Fund Scheme for Travel Agents (Pilot Scheme), which aims at subsidising, on a one-for-one matching basis, small- and medium-sized travel agents to adopt information technology for upgrading their productivity and service quality, as well as strengthening their competitiveness in the local or overseas market.
As the implementation partner and secretariat of the Pilot Scheme, the TIC has set up the Working Group on Pilot Information Technology Development Matching Fund Scheme for Travel Agents to handle various matters related to the Pilot Scheme. An independent Vetting Committee has also be formed to consider and approve all applications for subsidy.
Under the Pilot Scheme, each eligible travel agent will be subsidised for one project only, with the funding ceiling capped at 50% of the total approved cost or HK$100,000 (whichever is lower). Each travel agent grantee is required to enter into a funding agreement with the TIC and contribute in cash not less than 50% of the total approved cost of its project. After the travel agent grantee completes the project within 12 months and submits relevant documents to the TIC in accordance with the funding agreement, the TIC will arrange grant disbursement.
The Pilot Scheme will be open for applications every four months, with each application period lasting for two months. The application periods are as follows:
- 1st round: 8 July 2016 - 7 September 2016
- 2nd round: 1 November 2016 - 31 December 2016
- 3rd round: 1 March 2017 - 30 April 2017
- 4th round: 1 July 2017 - 31 August 2017
- 5th round: 1 November 2017 - 31 December 2017
Members may download the following documents for the application details:
For enquiries, please contact the secretariat of the Pilot Scheme (tel: 2969-8127; fax: 2510-9779; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
To assist member agents in obtaining service from IT companies, the TIC has set up the “Register of IT service providers”. IT companies which wish to be listed in the Register may contact the secretariat of the Pilot Scheme.
- 23 and 25 May 2016: Focus group meetings (Circular C1579)
- 13 July 2016: Briefing (Circular C1587)
- 17 August 2016: Speed dating for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1592)
- 20 October 2016: Business matching for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1600)
- 8 March 2017: Briefing (Circular C1627)
- 11 May 2017: Business matching for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1641)
- 5 July 2017: Briefing cum experience sharing session (Circular C1654)