|Pilot Information Technology Development Matching Fund Scheme for Travel Agents|
In the fiscal year of 2016/2017, the Government allocated HK$10 million to the TIC for setting up the Pilot Information Technology Development Matching Fund Scheme for Travel Agents (Pilot Scheme). At the end of 2017, the funding of the Pilot Scheme was used up, and over 100 small- and medium-sized travel agents have been benefited.
In view of the positive feedback from the trade, the TIC has suggested to the Government that additional funding be allocated to the Pilot Scheme and certain aspects of it be enhanced. The Government has decided to allocate HK$30 million in the fiscal year of 2018/2019 to the Pilot Scheme in order for small- and medium-sized travel agents to be subsidised, on a one-for-one matching basis, to adopt information technology for upgrading their productivity and service quality, as well as strengthening their competitiveness in the local or overseas market.
As the implementation partner and secretariat of the Pilot Scheme, the TIC has set up the Working Group on Pilot Information Technology Development Matching Fund Scheme for Travel Agents to handle various matters related to the Pilot Scheme. An independent Vetting Committee has also be formed to consider and approve all applications for subsidy.
After enhancement measures of the Pilot Scheme, the maximum number of approved projects for each eligible member will be increased from one project to two projects, one of which must be about the use of the E-levy System and/or the strengthening of the cyber security of the member’s IT system. Each approved project will be subsidised a maximum of 50% of its total cost or HK$100,000, whichever is lower.
Each travel agent grantee is required to enter into a funding agreement with the TIC and contribute in cash not less than 50% of the total approved cost of its project. After the travel agent grantee completes the project within 12 months and submits relevant documents to the TIC in accordance with the funding agreement, the TIC will arrange grant disbursement.
The Pilot Scheme will be open for applications every four months, with each application period lasting for two months. The application periods are as follows:
- 1st round: 8 July 2016 - 7 September 2016
- 2nd round: 1 November 2016 - 31 December 2016
- 3rd round: 1 March 2017 - 30 April 2017
- 4th round: 1 July 2017 - 31 August 2017
- 5th round: 1 November 2017 - 31 December 2017
- 6th round: 1 July 2018 - 31 August 2018
- 7th round: 1 November 2018 - 31 December 2018
- 8th round: 1 March 2019 - 30 April 2019
- 9th round: 1 July 2019 - 31 August 2019
- 10th round: 1 November 2019 - 31 December 2019
- 11th round: 1 March 2020 - 30 April 2020
- 12th round: 1 July 2020 - 31 August 2020
- 13th round: 1 November 2020 - 31 December 2020
Members may download the following documents for the application details:
For enquiries, please contact the secretariat of the Pilot Scheme (tel: 2969-8127; fax: 2510-9779; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
To assist member agents in obtaining service from IT companies, the TIC has set up the “Register of IT service providers”. IT companies which wish to be listed in the Register may contact the secretariat of the Pilot Scheme.
- 23 and 25 May 2016: Focus group meetings (Circular C1579)
- 13 July 2016: Briefing (Circular C1587)
- 17 August 2016: Speed dating for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1592)
- 20 October 2016: Business matching for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1600)
- 8 March 2017: Briefing (Circular C1627)
- 11 May 2017: Business matching for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1641)
- 5 July 2017: Briefing cum experience sharing session (Circular C1654)
- 5 July 2018: Briefing (Circular C1736)
- 31 July 2018: Business matching for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1741)
- 15 November 2018: Briefing cum experience sharing session (Circular C1766)
- 6 March 2019: Briefing cum e-levy module shariing session (Circular C1788)
- 3 July 2019: Business matching for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1817)
- 6 November 2019: Business matching for travel agents and IT companies (Circular C1841)