Eligible promotional activities must be open to all member travel agents of the TIC which hold a valid travel agent's licence under the Travel Agents Ordinance. Any activities aimed at promoting the business of individual travel agents are ineligible.
Eligible applicant organisations mean the following organisations or those fall into the following categories:
- The Hong Kong Tourism Board;
- The Asia Tourism Exchange Center (as representative of official tourism organisations in mainland China);
- the offices or representatives of overseas official tourism organisations or official tourism organisations of other places which or who are based in Hong Kong;
- the offices or representatives of overseas official tourism organisations or official tourism organisations of other places whose target of promotion is the Hong Kong market; and
- the eight Association Members of the TIC, comprising Hong Kong Association of Travel Agents ( HATA ), The Federation of Hong Kong Chinese Travel Agents ( FHCTA ), International Chinese Tourist Association ( ICTA ), Society of IATA Passenger Agents ( SIPA ), Hongkong Taiwan Tourist Operators Association ( TTOA ), Hong Kong Association of China Travel Organisers ( HACTO ), Hong Kong Outbound Tour Operators' Association ( OTOA ), and Hongkong Japanese Tour Operators Association ( HJTOA ).
The grantee organisations must complete the approved promotional activities within six months from the date of entering into a funding agreement with the TIC.
Applications for subsidy for promotional activities may be made throughout the year. The applicant organisation must complete and submit the application form before organising the promotional activity concerned.
Applicant organisations may download the following documents for the application details:
For enquiries, please contact the secretariat (tel: 2969-8160; fax: 2510-9779; email: Dfund@tichk.org).