Opening a New Branch
- Application Procedure
- Members must apply to the TIC for opening a new branch as early as possible. The following should be submitted:
- an application form duly completed with company stamp;
- a copy of the relevant Stamped Tenancy Agreement or Purchase and Sale Agreement. If it is unavailable, a copy of the provisional agreement should be submitted first;
- a copy of Branch Registration Certificate for the new branch office. If it is unavailable, a copy of the application form for opening a branch lodged with the Inland Revenue Department should be submitted first;
- a fee of HK$600 for opening a branch office.
- A site inspection to be conducted by the TIC should be arranged at least one week before opening .
- A branch office certificate will normally be issued within three working days after the site inspection provided the address is approved.
- Branch Requirement
The requirements for each branch office are listed below for members' reference:
- A paid-up capital of not less than HK$250,000 for each branch office in addition to its paid-up capital of HK$500,000 for its head office. (If the member has not met this requirement, it must first increase its paid-up capital and submit the relevant supporting documents to the TIC.)
- It employs at each premises at least a manager who has a minimum of two consecutive years' relevant practical experience within the recent five years and another full-time staff member;
- It conducts its business within separate and independent commercial premises / buildings which are used solely for the travel-related and tourism business. (This requirement forbids an agent from sharing its office premises with any other agent / company.)
Note: Only Ordinary Members are allowed to open branch offices.
Download Application Form for Opening a New Branch