Notes for franking package tour receipts
- A package tour is an outbound travel service consisting of two or more of the following three components: (i) carriage (by land, sea or air transport) from Hong Kong to places outside Hong Kong; (ii) accommodation outside Hong Kong; and (iii) arrangements for an activity outside Hong Kong.
- All brochures/pamphlets to be used for advertising purposes must be approved by and registered with the TIC two days before their despatch and the sale of the tours therein.
- Charter tours, familiarisation tours, hotel-plus-air packages, and cruise packages are all package tours, receipts for which must be franked.
- A 0.15% levy should be franked on all tour receipts, including deposit, balance, full payment, temporary receipts and any documents acting as receipts.
- It is the responsibility of the selling agents who deal directly with and receive payment from clients to frank the levy immediately upon issuing the receipt.
- If a booking is cancelled, the levy can be refunded at the TIC Executive Office upon producing sufficient documentary proof.
- Breakdown of franking machine must be reported to the TIC immediately.
- If member agents have any doubts or further queries, please contact the TIC Executive Office on (852)2807-1199 . Evasion of franking and under-franking are against the law and subject to penalty. Members are strongly advised to brief their staff on the franking rules.
Download Application Form for a Franking Machine
Download Levy Refund Form
Download Franking Machine Reloading Form
Download Order Form for Ink Cartridge / Ribbon Cassette (Please refer to Circular C1122 for details)