All brochures (including itineraries and pamphlets) to be used by members for advertising purposes must be registered with the TIC not less than two working days in advance before their dispatch and the sale of the tours therein advertised.
Members must follow the steps listed below to register their package tours:
- Download the Registration Form for Outbound Package Tours ( PDF format / Word format ) from the TIC website or call the TIC hotline on (852)2969-8188 to obtain the form by fax.
- The completed registration form, together with one original copy or one clearly legible photocopy of each brochure and the necessary documents, must be sent to the TIC's Outbound Department by post, fax, email or hand.
- Package tour information to be registered must contain the following items:
- the tour fare, or its upper and lower limits;
- the validity period of such information;
- the package tour service charge;
- the mode of transport to and from Hong Kong (if air transport is involved, the name, logo or abbreviation of the carrier and whether the tour group will travel on direct, non-direct, one-way direct or two-way direct flights must be specified);
- the places of departure, return and dismissal for the tour group.
- Members should group package tours of the same destination together when completing the Registration Form for Outbound Package Tours. If the space is not enough, the Supplementary Registration Form should be used.
- If a member does not submit the necessary information when applying for registration of a package tour, and fails to provide such information two days before it intends to advertise or sell the package tour, then its application for registration of the package tour will be revoked automatically. Since the application has not been approved, the package tour is not allowed to be advertised or sold.
- A "Confirmation of registration" will be issued to members to indicate that the tour fares of package tours submitted for registration are approved. Members must not advertise or sell any package tours unless they are officially notified of the approval of registration and have received the "Confirmation of registration"; otherwise, they will be deemed to have violated rules of the TIC.
- If the tour fares are later outside the registered range, or if there is any future change to the validity period of the package tour information; the mode of transport to and from Hong Kong; the places of departure, return and dismissal for the tour group; departure dates; hotels; itineraries; activities (optional or not); attractions; meals; etc, members are required to apply to the TIC for re-registration.