The TIC will issue a new version of the Tourist Guide Pass starting from this year. Arrangements for the issuance of the new Pass are as follows:
- Those who submit their application for the Pass on or after 1 January 2006 will be issued with the new version of the Pass.
- Holders of the old version of the Tourist Guide Pass can replace their Pass with the new one free of charge if they submit their application to the TIC between 1 February and 31 March 2006 . The application form can be downloaded here . Since the production of the Passes will take some time, the TIC will issue the new Passes in stages.
- Those who do not replace their Pass can use it until it expires.
Other points to note
Newly issued Tourist Guide Passes will all be printed with a bar code to facilitate verification of information. Pass holders must also take note of the points listed below:
- They must wear their Pass on their chest while on duty.
- They must comply with the TIC's regulations concerning tourist guides, and must not lend their Pass to others.
- They must take steps by themselves to ensure that they only carry out the duties of tourist guides in places where they are allowed to do so according to the relevant legal requirements of those places.
- Loss of the Pass should be reported to the TIC immediately for re-issuance of a new one.