Application requirements for the Tour Escort Pass
From 1 January 2008, people who have completed the Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts and have passed the Certificate Examination must apply for the Tour Escort Pass within six months after being notified their passing the examination . A Pass will be issued to those applicants who have paid the application fee and met the following application requirements:
- Having passed the examination for the Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts;
- Holders of the Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card, or holders of the Hong Kong Identity Card who are not subject to any condition of stay;
- 18 years old or above;
- Form 5 graduates or equivalent, or above;
- Holders of a first aid certificate or attendance certificate issued by one of the following six organisations: Hong Kong Red Cross, Hong Kong St. John Ambulance Brigade, Auxiliary Medical Services, The Hong Kong Life Saving Society, the Hong Kong Police and Hong Kong Fire Services Department; or having attended the TIC's first aid talk;
- Signing of a declaration stating that the applicant is physically fit and of good behaviour to be a tour escort, and that there is no other reason that will cause the TIC to consider him/her not fit and proper to be a tour escort; and
- Signing of a declaration regarding whether the applicant has been convicted in Hong Kong or elsewhere of an offence other than a traffic offence.
Renewal requirements for the Tour Escort Pass
- Apart from completing the renewal form and paying the necessary fee, all Tour Escort Pass holders who wish to renew their Pass must also declare that they are physically fit and of good behaviour, and whether they have been convicted in Hong Kong or elsewhere of an offence other than a traffic offence since they were last issued with the Pass.
- The time limit for renewal and the renewal procedures remain unchanged.
The details of the application for and renewal of the Tour Escort Pass as well as the relevant application forms can be downloaded from the " Forms " section from 1 January 2008. For enquiries, please contact the TIC Training Department on 2807-1199.