Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong

Site Map Contact Us
繁體中文簡體中文EnglishGraphical version
HomeChairman's CornerThe CouncilFind a Travel AgentAdvice for TravellersServices for MembersFind Jobs/StaffCodes and Regulations
Course InformationTour EscortsTourist GuidesLatest NewsFormsPublicationFAQsTender Notices
Proof of Cancellation ChargesIndustry Subsidy Schemes

Tourist guides must not directly arrange inbound reception services

Tourist guides must not directly arrange inbound reception services

It has recently come to the TIC’s attention that some tourist guides have arranged tour-guiding and transfer services for inbound tours organised by mainland tour operators. Since such acts are suspected of carrying on business as travel agents without a licence and may have violated the Travel Agents Ordinance, the TIC has referred the cases to the Travel Agents Registry for follow-up actions.

Tourist Guide Pass holders are reminded that reception services for mainland inbound visitors must be arranged by licensed travel agents, which will then assign Tourist Guide Pass holders to provide tour-guiding and transfer services. Any persons who carry on business as an inbound travel agent as stipulated in the Travel Agents Ordinance without a licence may have breached the law and be prosecuted.

For enquiries about the Ordinance, please call the hotline of the Travel Agents Registry on 3151-7945.

( 2011-5-27 )