With effect from 1 September 2015, one of the application requirements for the Tour Escort Pass: the requirement "holders of the certificate of the Certificate Course or the notification of passing the examination" will become:"Holding the certificate of the TIC's Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts; or holding other certificates recognised by the TIC and passing the relevant examinations".
Certificates of the following courses will be eligible for applying for recognition by the TIC's Outbound Tour Escort Accreditation System:
- Courses with tour escort training components conducted by post-secondary institutions; or
- Courses with tour escort training components published on the Qualifications Register established by the Education Bureau.
Criteria for vetting the application for recognition are:
- Entry requirements of the course
- Course objectives
- Outline and content of the tour escort training component
- Duration of the tour escort training component
- Content and method of assessment of the course
Institutions which organise these courses and submit their applications to the TIC on or before 31 July 2015 will be notified within August whether recognition is granted. The list of certificates recognised by the TIC will be published on the TIC website from 1 September 2015 onwards.
For enquiries, please contact Ms May Ho, Manager of the Industry Training Department, on 2969-8199.