A. Enrolment procedures
- All applications for the Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts will be handled on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Applicants are required to complete and return P.1 – 2 of the enrolment form together with the following documents to the TIC Executive Office by post or in person:：
- course fees (payment by crossed cheque / cash / cash deposit);
- photocopy* of academic proof;
- photocopy* of a valid first aid certificate or attendance certificate (if applicable) and
- photocopy* of Document of Identity for Visa Purposes / passport (for non-permanent HK residents only)
Crossed cheques should be made payable to ‘Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong’ with applicant’s name and course code written on the back. Please do NOT mail cash.
Bank account for cash deposit: Bank of China (HK) Ltd 031-349-1-038340-4. Applicant’s name and course code should be written on the back of the deposit slip (either original or photocopy).
Applicants who write a cheque should make sure that there is enough money in the bank account. The TIC will NOT bear any bank charges or expenses so incurred. In case of cheque bouncing, the TIC has the right to disqualify the applicant from the course immediately.
Each applicant can submit ONE enrolment form only. Applications will NOT be processed for duplicate submission of form or incomplete information provided.
For applications by post, the date when the TIC Executive Office receives the documents will be counted as the submission date. Applicants will be notified of the result of application within TWO WEEKS since the mailing date. The TIC will not be responsible for unsuccessful applications caused by mail delay or incomplete documents provided.
Admitted applicants will receive the official receipt, course timetable and relevant information issued by the TIC as confirmation.
B. Important notes
- Course / class changing or refund of course fee will NOT be arranged once an applicant is admitted. Admitted applicants who wish to transfer the place to another applicant must inform the TIC at least TWO WEEKS before the class starts, and seek confirmation from the TIC. The transferee must complete and submit a new enrolment form.
- Admitted applicants should take note of the class timetable, requirements on attendance rate, etc. No reminder will be given to individual students. Should the course be cancelled, students will be notified and fully refunded.
- Course students must immediately inform the TIC of any changes in contact information.
- The TIC reserves the right to amend and interpret the details of the course information. Applicants or course students will be informed of any amendments of information.
- All enquiries should be directed to the TIC Executive Office on (852) 2807-1199 or the TIC hotline on +852 2969-8188.
- Address of Enrolment Centre: Rooms 1706-09, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
- The office hours of the TIC are as follows:
D. Tropical Cyclone & Rainstorm Warning
- When Tropical Cyclone No. 8 or above or the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued, all classes/examinations* will be postponed. If Tropical Cyclone No.8 or above or the Black Rainstorm Warning is cancelled at the following time, classes/examinations will be held as scheduled:
When Tropical Cyclone No.8 or above OR the Black Rainstorm Warning is cancelled: Classes/Examinations to be held as scheduled: at or before 6.00 am Day time classes (9.00 am-5.00 pm)
Morning classes/examinations (9.00 am-1.00 pm)
at or before 11.00 am Afternoon classes/examinations (2.00 pm-6.00 pm) at or before 3.30 pm Evening classes/examinations (6.30 pm-9.30 pm)
*Examinations which are in session when Tropical Cyclone No.8 or above is issued will continue until the end of the session.
*Instructors will suspend classes immediately if Tropical Cyclone No.8 or above is issued after the commencement of classes.
*Classes and examinations which are in session when the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued will continue until the end of the session.
- All classes or examinations will be held as scheduled if Tropical Cyclone No. 3 or below or Amber / Red Rainstorm Warning is in effect.
E. Study Centre
TIC Training Centre
Room 1809, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Tel: +852 2807-1199)
(Students may direct their opinions or complaints regarding the courses to the TIC. For details, please click here.)