Cultural and Heritage Training Programme February and March 2023 Classes
In view of increasing consumer demand for cultural immersion and in-depth travel, the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) and the Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong (TIC) will co-operate and provide a cultural and heritage training programme tailored around Hong Kong neighbourhoods. The 2-day programme aims to provide practitioners of the tourism industry with in-depth knowledge regarding cultural and heritage tourism, as well as additional advice relating to service quality and professionalism. The programme aims to equip licensed tourist guides with a better grasp of cultural and heritage tourism concepts and upgrade their service quality and professionalism, and train them to be well prepared to welcome travellers around the world with high-quality itineraries following the resumption of cross-boundary travel after the epidemic situation has stabilised.
Details of the training programme are as follows:
1. Programme arrangement and period (Class schedule will be continuously announced until September 2023):
|2 and 3 February 2023 (Thursday and Friday)|
|9 and 10 February 2023 (Thursday and Friday)|
|16 and 17 February 2023 (Thursday and Friday)|
|21 and 22 February 2023 (Tuesday and Wednesday)|
|27 and 28 February 2023 (Monday and Tuesday)|
|2 and 3 March 2023 (Thursday and Friday)|
|7 and 8 March 2023 (Tuesday and Wednesday)|
|21 and 22 March 2023 (Tuesday and Wednesday)|
|30 and 31 March 2023 (Thursday and Friday)|
|Venue:||Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong Training Centre
(Rooms 1809, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road,
North Point, Hong Kong
Remark: Limited quota is still available for classes in January 2023
2. Certificate and allowance:
Upon successful completion of the 2 days classroom training sessions including presentation and assessment, each participant will receive:
(i) a certificate of completion jointly issued by the HKTB and the TIC; and
(ii) an allowance of HK$500.
3. Enrolment method: Please click here to enrol online for the training programme. The enrolment form will be available at 9:00 am on 21 December 2022 . For further information on the training programme, please refer to here.
4. Programme quota for the entire programme: 1,500 participants (First Come, First Served)
5. Programme fees: Free of charge
6. Medium of instruction: Cantonese (English class will be separately arranged.)
7. Target group: Licensed tourist guides or licensed tour escorts. (Those with invalid Tourist Guide License/Tour Escort License will not be considered)
8. Recognised course: This course has been registered as a recognised training course under the “Cultural and Heritage Sites Local Tour Incentive Scheme”. Each participant will receive a proof of completing “Item C - Self-selected Activities (12 hours)” under the Continuing Professional Development Scheme for Tourist Guides.
For enquiries, please contact the TIC Industry Training Department on 2807-1199.