Change of TIC’s office hours
- From 2 January 2021, the office hours of the TIC Executive Office have been changed to:
- Monday to Friday: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm;
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: closed.
Resumption of conditional exemption for licensed travel agents to organise local group tours
- The Government announced phased relaxation of social distancing measures with effect from 21 April 2022, and, subject to public health and strict measures against the epidemic, to gradually resume the conditional exemption for licensed travel agents to organise local group tours. Please click here for the details and here for the latest list of travel agents having been granted the conditional exemption and itineraries of local group tours having been registered.
Green Lifestyle Local Tour Incentive Scheme
Under the Green Lifestyle Local Tour Incentive Scheme, each travel agent is eligible to a cash incentive of HK$200 for each Hong Kong resident for whom it arranges an eligible green lifestyle local tour, with the number of green lifestyle local tour participants capped at 1,000. The maximum cash incentives per travel agent are HK$200,000. Please click here for the details.
Travel Agents Incentive Scheme
- Under the Travel Agents Incentive Scheme, each eligible travel agent is entitled to cash incentives of HK$120,000 at most. The application period now lasts until 15 October 2022 (Circular C1963). Please click here for the details.
Select “staff of tourism industry” priority group when making vaccination appointments
- Members are urged to remind their staff, tour escorts and tourist guides to select “staff of tourism industry” priority group when making vaccination appointments (Circular C1925).
Staff in tourism industry given priority to receiving vaccinations
- The scope of the priority groups under the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme will be expanded to cover staff in the tourism industry. For details, please refer to Circular C1924 (for staff of travel agents) and Latest News (for holders of valid Tour Escort Passes or Tourist Guide Passes).
Further extension of the validity of the Tourist Guide Pass and the two-year period for renewal of the Tourist Guide Pass
- The validity of those TGPs and those two-year periods for renewal of TGPs which have expired or are due to expire during the period from 1 January 2020 to 31 May 2021 is further extended until 30 June 2021 (Circular C1918).
Dedicated Email System for Tours from Shenzhen to Hong Kong
- Please click here for the dedicated email addresses of Hong Kong’s receiving agents. The dedicated email addresses of Shenzhen’s outbound agencies can be downloaded here (password not required).
- Members who are unable to obtain the latest information of the dedicated email address, please contact our Inbound Department on 2807-1199.
Survey and Research
- The details of the project “Enhancing the Capability of Outbound SME Travel Agents for Service Innovation and Value Creation, Responding to the New Business Challenge” have been uploaded to the TIC website (Latest News).
Extension of the two-year period for renewal of the Tourist Guide Pass
- Those two-year periods for renewal of TGPs which have expired or are due to expire during the period from 1 January 2022 to 31 May 2022 are extended until 30 June 2022 (Circular C1968).
The application period for tour coach permits for local group tours to access High Island Reservoir East Dam
- The application period for coach permits for local group tours to access High Island Reservoir East Dam extended to 30 November 2022 (Circular C1974).