Change of TIC’s office hours
- From 2 January 2021, the office hours of the TIC Executive Office have been changed to:
- Monday to Friday: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm;
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: closed.
Resumption of conditional exemption for licensed travel agents to organise local group tours
- The Government announced phased relaxation of social distancing measures with effect from 21 April 2022, and, subject to public health and strict measures against the epidemic, to gradually resume the conditional exemption for licensed travel agents to organise local group tours. Please click here for the details and here for the latest list of travel agents having been granted the conditional exemption and itineraries of local group tours having been registered.
Green Lifestyle Local Tour Incentive Scheme
Under the Green Lifestyle Local Tour Incentive Scheme, each travel agent is eligible to a cash incentive of HK$200 for each Hong Kong resident for whom it arranges an eligible green lifestyle local tour, with the number of green lifestyle local tour participants capped at 1,000. The maximum cash incentives per travel agent are HK$200,000. Please click here for the details.
Travel Agents Incentive Scheme
- Under the Travel Agents Incentive Scheme, each eligible travel agent is entitled to cash incentives of HK$120,000 at most. The application period now lasts until 31 December 2022 (Circular C2008). Please click here for the details.
Survey and Research
- The details of the project “Enhancing the Capability of Outbound SME Travel Agents for Service Innovation and Value Creation, Responding to the New Business Challenge” have been uploaded to the TIC website (Latest News).
The application period for tour coach permits for local group tours to access High Island Reservoir East Dam
- The application period for coach permits for local group tours to access High Island Reservoir East Dam extended to 30 November 2022 (Circular C1974).