With a view to maintaining a high standard of service within the outbound travel industry, the TIC has decided that tour escorts leading outbound tours must hold a valid Tour Escort Pass.
A Certificate Course for Outbound Tour Escorts has been designed to teach basic tour-escorting skills and to assist candidates in preparing for the Certificate Examination.
- 17 years old or above;
- Secondary school graduates [Note] or equivalent or above; and
- Holders of the Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card, or holders of the Hong Kong Identity Card who are not subject to any condition of stay ( copy of the Document of Identity for Visa Purposes (D.I.) or passport must be attached to the course enrolment form).
Definition of “secondary school graduates”:
- Completion of Form 5 or Year 11 under the old secondary education system (5-2-3 education system) of Hong Kong or the British-style education system; or
- Completion of Senior Secondary 3 or the 12th Grade under the new secondary education system (3-3-4 education system) of Hong Kong or the US-style education system.
People who intend to become tour escorts and escort guides.
- Basic requirements of tour escort
- Roles and duties of a tour escort
- Effective skills in escorting a tour group
- Departure and arrival information
- Travel Industry Compensation Fund, Package Tour Accident Contingency Fund Scheme and levy / General information on travel insurance / Important information
- Basic principles and effective skills in handling crisis / How to deal with tour group members with uncontrollable emotions or abnormal behaviours
- Handling of unexpected events / Observation and case study on crisis handling
- Case study / group discussion
- Role play
- Basic first aid knowledge
- Tips on healthy travel
Download the schedule, enrolment procedure and enrolment form for the Certificate Courses
(In view of the latest situation of COVID-19, applications for the “Certificate Courses for Outbound Tour Escorts” are not accepted until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.)
Part 1: 8 hours
Part 2: 18.5 hours
Part 3: 3 hours
TIC Training Centre
The course and examination fees are as follows:
|Travel agency staff||Non-travel agency staff|
Cantonese supplemented with English terms